Monday, December 9, 2013

Prickley Pear Monday Card

Saw this in a magazine and had a little light-bulb go up. "I have a similar PPRS stamp, just got chipboard tags in and that little trial bottle of red Silk paint!" I thought.
 
And voila'! May I present the card "Let It Snow".
 
Here are stamps and dies that that I used.
DD0184 - Let It Snow, stamped on the PPRS-D038 -  Snowflake Pendant die and FF0148 - Snowflake Tree which I white embossed on a chipboard tag later painted with Carmen red Silk paint.
I used my absolute favorite tool from Prima and "rasped" the edges of the snowflake paper and the tag. The red ribbon is actually stenciled, using Tim Holtz' "Dot Fade stencil and Art Anthology's Sorbet Paint "Frost". All of Art Anthology's paints are dimensional, so the dots are raised and shimmering.
I love shimmer.
The Silk paints shimmer - so I had to order some of them. Could only afford about half to start off. But that's because I also ordered some Twinkling H2O's. They'll be up in the store by tonight. As will Tim's stencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment