Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps Blog Hop Day 2


Day 2!  I'm still excited, how about you?
Did you see the other posts yet? Jessica is ahead of me on the list today.
 My card today is very different from the one I posted yesterday.
Don't you think?
I used a small red rubber image of Couple on Bench, just released at CHA. I stamped it on the Heart die from PPRS in black ink. On the black card stock underneath I used the PPRS stamp Swirls ATC with Versamark. Then I dusted a little Macropearl PearEx on that. It's very suttle, even in reality. I came across an ancient corner punch, that I thought fit the theme, and used that. I layered black on pink, then black again and ran a light pink polka dot ribbon around it. The stamped heart went on top of all that The card is the same pink paper as the mat and the heart, and I just added little metal photo corners that I picked up at either Hobby Lobby or Michaels.
So now I'm done being excited, but you can continue on and visit Heidi's blog.



11 comments:

  1. i love the noble and romantic style of your card!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the image and your color pallete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kina!!
    Simple , elegant, and creative all wrapped up into one!!! You do a super job!! Thank you for allowing me to glean from you!! be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.urbeyondmeasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great b&W-stamp and card for wedding or Valentine's.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and so romantic! I just love the pink and black, plus all the details such as the corner pieces make the whole card extra special! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charming card...thanks for sharing, and i shared, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the simplicity and the layout

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the layout and the colors, pink and black.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely. I like the couple on the bench image and your black and pink color scheme - so vintage! Reminds me of some black and pink table linens I received along with my Aunt's china from the 1950s!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the simple layout of your card! I also liked the color you chose. Sometimes, red, pink, and white are over-done, so its nice to see a romantic piece with no cliched romantic colors.

    ReplyDelete